Saturday, September 10, 2011

OIL PRESSURE SENDING UNIT

Well This one right here has been a PAIN IN MY ASS for about 2 weeks or so pin pointing the problem and actually having the time and money to do it at the same time. So once I found out what I needed and what all had to be done I began to work........ That was in till (While taking the sending unit off) I BROKE the Oil pressure sending unit ADAPTER off flush with the manifold, I'm guessing I had about 5 to 10 threads deep in the manifold
I eventually got the rest of the bolt out and then you'll never guess!!! No One had the part, I guess its not even a part, ended up having to go to Home Depot to piece together the adapter. Well once I got all the parts and pieces I needed it went together very easy and quick "TOO QUICK" Went to Fire the truck up to check for oil leaks and the damn thing wasn't getting any spark, a few days went by getting parts that I thought would solve the problem! Distributor cap " Could be cracked and letting spark out that way" Rotter " Just as possible as the distributor cap", and finally the Coil. A few days went by of me racking my brain and calling around to everyone that may know something I didn't, HA I'm sure I called my dad 5000 times in these few days Then while getting the mail it hit me " WAIT I NEVER HOOKED THE CAP WITH BOTH OF THE WIRES I TOOK OFF" So I hooked it all up RIGHT this time and then....................... THE BATTERY WAS DEAD jumped it and it fired right up  

            So about a week and a half and a lot of head aches and frustration I got it and I'm VERY happy to say I have not leaked a drop of oil sense
Just took it off 

Trying to get the broken threads out 
I NEED A CORDLESS DRILL

It took me a while to get it but they finally came loose 

About to put the new in 

THE NEW OIL PRESSURE SENDING UNIT

put back together 

DIRTY HANDS

OH AND LEGS

No comments:

Post a Comment